What should be paid attention to when using slip on flange?
Slip on flange are also called flanges. The flange is a part that connects the pipe to the pipe and is connected to the pipe end. Plate type flat welding flange connection or flange joint refers to the detachable connection of flange, gasket and bolt as a set of combined sealing structure. Pipe flange refers to the flange used for piping in pipeline installation. Used on the device to refer to the inlet and outlet flanges of the device. Plate type flat welding flange has good corrosion resistance: it can resist corrosion of a variety of chemical media except for a few hydrogenating agents. The flange has excellent acid resistance, alkali resistance, erosion resistance, no rust, no erosion, no Will breed bacteria without electrochemical erosion.
What should you pay attention to when using Slip on flange?
1) In order to prevent the corrosion between the eyes due to the heating of the flange cover, the welding current should not be too large, less than 20% than the carbon steel electrode, the arc should not be too long, the layer is fast cold, and the narrow bead is suitable.
2) The electrode should be kept dry when it is used. The titanium calcium type should be kept at 150 °C for 1 hour. The low a hydrogen type should be kept at 200-250 °C for 1 hour to prevent the electrode coating from sticking to oil and other dirt, so as not to cause weld seam. Increase the carbon content and affect the quality of the weldment.
3) When welding flat flanged pipe fittings, it is repeatedly heated to precipitate carbides, which reduces corrosion resistance and mechanical properties of the product.
4) The chrome flat welded flange pipe fittings have a large hardened American standard flange and are prone to cracks. If welding of the same type of chrome stainless steel welding rod (G202, G207) is used, it is necessary to perform preheating at 300 °C or more and slow cooling at around 700 °C after welding. If the weldment cannot be post-weld heat treated, the flat welded flange pipe welding rod (A107, A207) should be used.
5) Flat welding flange, in order to improve corrosion resistance and weldability, appropriately increase the appropriate amount of stability elements Ti, Nb, Mo, etc., the weldability is better than the chrome flat welded flange. When using the same type of chrome flat welding flange electrode (G302, G307), preheating at 200 °C or higher and tempering at around 800 °C after welding should be carried out. If the weldment cannot be heat treated, the flat welded flange pipe electrode (A107, A207) should be used.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Carbon steel ASME B16.5 Socket Weld...
- ANSI B 16.5 slip on flange dimensions
- concentric reducer vs eccentric red...
- Carbon steel pipe specifications
- Precautions for hot-dip galvanized ...
- How to weld on flange fittings
- Reducing tee size chart
- What are the differences between so...
- Different long weld neck flange and...
- welding neck flanges din 2633
- Application of ecc reducer
- Note on the installation of buttwel...
- Stainless steel flange performance
- How to align pipe flanges